Monday, January 28, 2008

Has It Been Two Months?

I can't believe it's been more than two months since I last posted. My friends tell me they are sick and tired of looking at those pumpkins. So let's see if there's another image I can burn into their brains .

I found this tea just before the holidays. Despite the smiling snowman, the name described exactly how I was feeling: snappish. Too much to do, etc., etc. However, the holidays turned out just fine, I mellowed, and now I'm worried that I only have two boxes of this tea left until next Christmas because I really like it out of all the ginger ones I've tried.




As to what I've been up to besides decking the halls, etc., I hope you remember my "red blob" piece from previous posts. (Yes, you can go back and check if you don't.) I finally beat those blobs into submission and they have metamorphosed into pomegranates (I think). Here it is, ready for basting. Now I am in the quilting stage and am quite pleased with how things are going.

And here's a close-up that shows the many layers of dyeing and printing, and the embroidery.

I'm still waiting for a snow day, but I'd better be careful what I ask for. We haven't had that much snow yet. Who knows what February will bring?









1 comment:

Rayna said...

Ah, tea and pomegranates instead of pumpkins. So glad we are moving right along...

Can't wait to see the finished piece!