Friday, May 11, 2007

The Calla Lilies Are in Bloom Again

"The calla lilies are in bloom again. Such a strange flower--suitable to any occasion." Katharine Hepburn in Stage Door (1937). While there are no calla lilies in my garden, the azaleas are finally out and I'm posting a picture in celebration of what would have been Hepburn's 100th birthday on May 12. I think I've been watching too many of the movies TCM has been running this month in Hepburn's honor. I like to watch old movies when I'm quilting, but never seem to get enough stitching done. Wonder why?



Despite too many old movies, I did manage to finish the sample for my church's service auction this weekend. I'm offering a small wall hanging or pillow with a photo of anyone's pet--furry or not. Here are my two dogs on summer vacation in Michigan.

Now to go check the TV listings, lol.


No comments: